Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Small Tribute (Inexpensively Framed)


Here we have novelist Ivan Doig accepting the (inexpensively)framed original of his caricature by yours truly. Behind him, the delightful Mrs. Doig. When the author showed her a copy of this drawing, her response was, "Ha, gave you hair."

Ivan Doig was reading last night from his new novel, Work Song, at the bookstore where I work. While I couldn't attend, I'd promised him the original of the drawing that I'd posted some time ago here. I couldn't be better pleased that Mr. Doig seems pleased.

Doing my little sketches, I'm always aware that not everyone is as pleased as Mr. Doig seems to have been. As of today, for instance I'm still nervously waiting for a reaction from at least two recent subjects. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice gift. Was it his birthday? It looks like a birthday gift. Now why am I thinking of people's birthdays right now? Why o why? Oh, I know....HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD!

    ReplyDelete