Friday, November 5, 2010

An Upcoming Event


Lester Ralph did a series of beautiful illustrations for Mark Twain's first edition of The Diaries of Adam & Eve. This one has been, shall we say, modified. For our reading at the bookstore, Matthew Simmons will be our Adam, and Pam Cady our Eve. No, that does not make me the Serpent. Though my subjects might think me so, after this. Actually, I've drawn Matthew before, and my beautiful friend Pam had the good grace to laugh when I showed her this, so I feel alright sharing it here.

Now at this point, having had absolutely no publicity for this event, we are prepared to do almost anything to draw an audience for our reading, but, no, in case anyone was wondering, neither Matthew nor Pam has actually agreed to read au naturale. One will simply have to imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment